Gourmet. October 1990.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl combine the frisée, the radicchio, and the pears.
- 2In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, the mustard, and salt and pepper to taste, add the oils in a stream, whisking, and whisk the dressing until it is emulsified.
- 3Toss the salad with the dressing, divide it among 8 salad plates, and sprinkle each serving with some of the hazelnuts.
- 4To toast and skin hazelnuts:.
- 5Toast the hazelnuts in one layer in a baking pan in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are colored lightly and the skins blister. Wrap the nuts in a kitchen towel and let them steam for 1 minute. Rub the nuts in the towel to remove the skins and let them cool.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frisee, Radicchio and Asian Pear Salad With Hazelnut Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.8
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar