Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Gourmet. October 1990.
Make and share this Frisee, Radicchio and Asian Pear Salad With Hazelnut Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl combine the frisée, the radicchio, and the pears.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, the mustard, and salt and pepper to taste, add the oils in a stream, whisking, and whisk the dressing until it is emulsified.
- Toss the salad with the dressing, divide it among 8 salad plates, and sprinkle each serving with some of the hazelnuts.
- To toast and skin hazelnuts:.
- Toast the hazelnuts in one layer in a baking pan in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are colored lightly and the skins blister. Wrap the nuts in a kitchen towel and let them steam for 1 minute. Rub the nuts in the towel to remove the skins and let them cool.