Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crisp curly endive and thin slices of apple in a honey dressing topped with roasted walnuts. Original recipe included 1/2 cup of dried cherries in the dressing but I have omitted them because I have never seen them to buy - perhaps cranberries could be tried. Made it without them anyway and loved it
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large head frisee, torn into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 medium gala apples, cored, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl to blend.
- Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss frisée and apple slices in large bowl. Add honey dressing and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and freshly ground black pepper and serve.