Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
a family favorite
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 medium potatoes, grated
- 10 cups beef broth
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- Mix together beef, bread crumbs and eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes to broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Make small meatballs with the beef and add to the broth.
- Add chives and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Reminds me of the popular LIDO Restaurant chain in LV. This soup was a favorite of my children! Brought back lots of nice memories. Thank you!