Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are so good and moist, and are a favorite dish of Denmark. They are traditionally served with Persille Sauce - Parsley Sauce. Posted for ZWT'06.
- 1 onion, minced
- 340.19 g salt ground pork (you can do this in the food processor)
- 453.59 g ground chuck
- 1 hard crusted roll
- 473.18 ml milk
- 5 eggs
- 236.59 ml cracker crumbs or 236.59 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 236.59 ml butter
- Mix onion with salt pork and ground chuck.
- Soak hard roll in milk.
- Mix with the meats breaking up the roll to distribute through the mixture.
- Beat 4 eggs and add to the meat mixture.
- Shape into balls or small patties.
- Beat remaining egg, mix with bread or cracker crumbs and coat the meat balls with this mixture.
- Salt and pepper each meatball.
- Fry in melted butter turning to brown on all sides evenly.
- Serve with Persille Sauce (Recipe #171800).