Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was found in the Silver Anniversary Edition of the International Food Fair Cookbook. It was submitted by Inga Krause and is posted for ZWT 6.
- 1⁄2 lb pork, ground twice
- 1 lb beef, ground twice
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup water or 1 cup milk or 1 cup broth
- butter (for frying)
- Place meat in large bowl. Add all ingredients except butter.
- Mix thoroughly then let stand for 15 minutes to let flour absorb the liquid.
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Dip tablespoon in butter in skillet and shape meat.
- Fry over fairly low heat so meat doesn't brown before it is thoroughly cooked.
I thought these were pretty tasty, but the rest of the family did not. It had to do with the pork and beef mixture, that DH described as "wrong". They were very easy to make, though. made for ZWT6.