Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe I got from my Oma (grandma). It has always been one of my favorites and is commonly eaten mashed up in a bed of rice and vegetable soup. But I like it served as a traditional meatloaf dish, as well.
- Chop potatoes into small (~1inch square) pieces (skin the potatoes, if you wish) and boil until soft.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place in bowl large enough for all ingredients and mash.
- Add all other ingredients and knead with hands until mixed.
- Note: The potatoes will be VERY hot!
- You may want to wait a bit for them to cool before using your hands.
- Also, the meats will be very cold on your hands if not taken out of the refrigerator~ an hour ahead of time.
- Mold into an ungreased 9x13x2 pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Loaf will pull away from sides of pan and be surrounded by grease from the meat (more or less depending on the fat content of the meat you used).
- Cut into pieces and enjoy.
This is fantastic. I've been looking all over for a recipe like the one my mother-in-law makes and this is it. This is exactly it. The entire family loves it.