1 hr 35 mins
Erin K. Brown's Note:
This is a recipe I got from my Oma (grandma). It has always been one of my favorites and is commonly eaten mashed up in a bed of rice and vegetable soup. But I like it served as a traditional meatloaf dish, as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop potatoes into small (~1inch square) pieces (skin the potatoes, if you wish) and boil until soft.
- 2Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3Place in bowl large enough for all ingredients and mash.
- 4Add all other ingredients and knead with hands until mixed.
- 5Note: The potatoes will be VERY hot!
- 6You may want to wait a bit for them to cool before using your hands.
- 7Also, the meats will be very cold on your hands if not taken out of the refrigerator~ an hour ahead of time.
- 8Mold into an ungreased 9x13x2 pan and bake for 1 hour.
- 9Loaf will pull away from sides of pan and be surrounded by grease from the meat (more or less depending on the fat content of the meat you used).
- 10Cut into pieces and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frikadel (Dutch Meatloaf)
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.3
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 136.8 mg
- Sodium 1130.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 28.1 g