1/1 Photo of Frijoles Refritos II (Refried Beans)
A great way to beat the heat of hot food. Edge dish with chopped tomatoes and serve sour cream on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and drain beans.
- 2Place in a bowl and mash.
- 3Add spices and work them in.
- 4(I use my hands).
- 5In a small fry pan, (medium heat) 3 tbls, of olive oil.
- 6Add beans, stir and warm through.
- 7Press bean down and lower heat.
- 8Let beans brown on the bottom for 3-4 minutes.
- 9Do not stir.
- 10Loosen edges with spatula and turn upsidedown on a heated platter.
- 11Don't worry if it doesn't come out in one piece, just glop it back together.
- 12Drizzle with remaining olive oil and cover with Parmesan cheese.
- 13Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frijoles Refritos II (Refried Beans)
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.9
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 363.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.1 g