A great way to beat the heat of hot food. Edge dish with chopped tomatoes and serve sour cream on the side.
- Wash and drain beans.
- Place in a bowl and mash.
- Add spices and work them in.
- (I use my hands).
- In a small fry pan, (medium heat) 3 tbls, of olive oil.
- Add beans, stir and warm through.
- Press bean down and lower heat.
- Let beans brown on the bottom for 3-4 minutes.
- Do not stir.
- Loosen edges with spatula and turn upsidedown on a heated platter.
- Don't worry if it doesn't come out in one piece, just glop it back together.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and cover with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot or cold.
These were so good, and easy to make too - I'll never buy the canned stuff again. The flavors blended well and you have some control over it. I added some pepper flakes for a little extra spice and it was wonderful, used romano cheese and served with Slow Cooked Shredded Beef Tacos and Spicy Mexican Cheesy Rice Casserole