Recipe by Ms. Ayon's dishes
This recepie has been in our family for generations. It's great as an appetizer or as a side dish with a main meat course. Kick it up a little with a doll up of sour cream and some homemade toritlla chips on the side. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as we have because it's simply..........deliciossso!!!
Top Review by *Pixie*
This disappeared really fast! It's hard to have just one bite, you keep coming back for more... Very tasty way of serving refried beans! Instead of margarine, I used a bit of fat from cooking the bacon. Really good. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 4 -6 ounces chorizo sausages
- 1⁄8 cup jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 4 -6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 slices American cheese, cut into small pieces
- 10 -12 tortilla chips
- 1 -2 tablespoon sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In lg. skillet melt and cook margarine with chorizo in med heat.
- 2. Add the beans and mix well.
- 3. Add jalapeno.
- 4. Add american cheese until melted stirring constantly, simmer.
- 5. Serve with crumbled bacon, a tablespoon of sour cream and homemade tortilla chips.