Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recepie has been in our family for generations. It's great as an appetizer or as a side dish with a main meat course. Kick it up a little with a doll up of sour cream and some homemade toritlla chips on the side. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as we have because it's simply..........deliciossso!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 4 -6 ounces chorizo sausages
- 1⁄8 cup jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 4 -6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 slices American cheese, cut into small pieces
- 10 -12 tortilla chips
- 1 -2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1. In lg. skillet melt and cook margarine with chorizo in med heat.
- 2. Add the beans and mix well.
- 3. Add jalapeno.
- 4. Add american cheese until melted stirring constantly, simmer.
- 5. Serve with crumbled bacon, a tablespoon of sour cream and homemade tortilla chips.
This disappeared really fast! It's hard to have just one bite, you keep coming back for more... Very tasty way of serving refried beans! Instead of margarine, I used a bit of fat from cooking the bacon. Really good. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2009.