Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006
- 2 cups fat-free refried beans (455g)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh salsa
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- low-fat tortilla chips or non-fat tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients except cilantro in a small saucepan, and heat just until cheese melts.
- (Microwave Directions: place in a microwaveable dish and heat for 2–3 minutes.).
- Top with chopped cilantro if desired and serve with chips.
Very good! Similar to another one I make with kidney beans I have to mash first -- this gives similar flavor without the extra work!! :) Used in soft tacos along with taco meat, as well as a dip for chips.