Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This can be a dip for vegetables, chips or smoked meats. I add a little more milk to the dip to use as a sauce inside the tortillas when I make chicken or cheese enchiladas. White sauce inside, red sauce outside with cheese.
- 2 (850.48 g) can pinto beans, mashed with liquid
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies, mild, medium, hot
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 22.18 ml tones dry buttermilk salad dressing mix or 22.18 ml dry ranch dressing mix
- 7.39 ml dried cilantro
- 453.59 g sour cream
- milk (for sauce) (optional)
- In large bowl, add mashed beans and the next 8 ingredients.
- Cover and chill at least 2 to 4 hours.
- For sauce, add a little milk and cover and chill about 1/2 hour or longer.
- Chilling is cooking time.
This was really good. I made 2 changes, because of what was in my pantry. I used one can of pintos and one can of black beans, and left out the dried cilantro because I didn't have any. I took it to a church carry in and was asked by a few people for the recipe. The one thing that i think could be better is if it were a little thicker. My husband also said that it didn't look too inviting, but not sure how I could fix that.