- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup light beer
- 3 -4 scallions, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped mild green chilies, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a simmer.
- Using a potato masher, mash about half of the beans.
- Simmer gently but steadily for another 2-3 minutes or until the liquid base becomes a thick sauce.
- *This dish thickens up as it stands; if you are reheating leftover, add a small amount of water to loosen the consistency.