Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Turn canned into homemade!
Make and share this Frijoles Borrachitos (Refried Beans W/ Beer) recipe from Food.com.
- In large pan saute onions & garlic until translucent.
- Add jalapenos & saute until lightly browned.
- Add black beans (rinsed & drained), and kidney & pinto beans (undrained).
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 90 minutes. Add beer as needed to maintain liquid level.
- Mash & mix with potato masher. Add salt to taste & serve!
I made this in my crock pot and it was great. However, there was a little too much beer. Next time, I would half the beer if making it in the crock pot. Thanks!