Recipe by PanNan
A great recipe for pinto beans. You can adjust the spice to your liking.
Top Review by Susie D
EXCELLENT and different! I elected to make these in a crockpot and the recipe turned out great. I used 2 1/2 cups dry pinto beans, 1 -12 oz (Texas made) Shiner Boch beer & 12 oz of water. I then cooked 3 hours on high. I admit to be hesitant about reserving the seasonings until the last 30 miutes, but it really did work out well. The beans had a nice flavor from the beer & my hubby raved. What's better than that? Thank you for sharing a recipe I'll use again! :-)
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry pinto beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 bacon, slices
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon snipped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans in 4 cups water at least 5 hours.
- Place in large stockpot.
- Add beer and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain and crumble.
- Add bacon to beans along with onion, tomatoes, cilantro, salt and red pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.