Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- red food coloring, and
- blanched almond (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Stir in pecans.
- Using 1 heaping tablespoonful per cookie, shape dough into "fingers" about 3 inches long and 3/4 inch in diameter.
- Place dough on prepared cookie sheet.
- Using a knife, lightly score fingers a few times across center and near top to resemble knuckles.
- Paint almonds with food coloring and press into top of each cookie to resemble fingernail.
- Optionaly you can make an indentation in of cookie top to resemble a fingernail.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly brown.