Recipe by Taylor in Belgium
The true secret to the best Belgian fries is the twice frying of the potatoes! And specifically using a Bintje potato!
Directions See How It's Made
- Of course, peel the potatoes and cut into fries.
- Dab the potatoes dry with a clean dish towel.
- Cook the potatoes in the fryer at 300°F (145°C) until they are about half done.
- Take them out of the oil and let them cool (half hour is good).
- Reheat oil to 365°F (180-190°C) and fry the fries again until they turn golden.
- Drain well, salt to taste.