Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A melt in your mouth chocolate and toffee fudge that’s easy to make and a joy to give.
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup hard margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 10 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate chips or 10 1⁄2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces toffee pieces (such as Chipits Skor Toffee Bits)
- Line 9 x 9 inch pan with foil, leaving 1 inch overhang on two sides. Grease foil with cooking spray. Set aside. Combine first 5 ingredients in large saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring often. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Add toffee bits. Stir well. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Smooth top. Let stand until cool. Holding foil, remove fudge from pan. Discard foil. Cuts into 64 pieces.
- NOTE: * Omit toffee bits. Use 4 crushed Skor or Heath chocolate bars. For best results, put unwrapped bars in a resealable freezer bag and freeze for 15 minutes. Seal bag. Hit with a met mallet or hammer until bars are in small pieces.
- Company’s Coming Christmas Gifts from the Kitchen.
Being a Friesen by birth, I simply couldn't NOT try this. AWESOME!! Us Friesens sure know sweets!!!!! The overall flavour is wonderful, the crunchy little bits of toffee add a great dimension, and the marshmallows give that great silky texture. YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS!! I used half milk chocolate chips and half semi-sweet, also reduced the amount of sugar to 1 c. and it's plenty sweet. (though that might also be the reason it stayed fairly soft) This will definitely be passed around at my dad's family gathering -- my HUGE Friesen gathering! -- this Christmas and it's sure to be a hit! Thanks so much for posting, Olga!