Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm posting this to keep track of it. The original recipe comes from a casserole cookbook, long gone. I like different casseroles and this one really caught my attention. Cheap, fast and easy. And what could be better than hamburger and fries?
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb frozen french fries (crinkle-cut)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (15 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Brown the burger and tenderize the onion together in a large skillet. Drain.
- In a greased 9x13-inch casserole dish, layer 1/2 of the fries, peas and meat mixture. Repeat another layer.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine soup, water, ketchup, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over the top of the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40-45 minutes.