Recipe by shysavsianna
My favorite. My mother gave me this recipe in 1998 when I left home. I missed the home cooked soup that she made all growing up and asked her for the recipe. She made it and wrote it down for me. I am sorry for those that think it came from a 1999 book; isn't it great how a recipe is recycled and recycled over time everyone will have the same thing their grandparents ate and think it is cool. Have fun with this recipe and use different beans, veggies, and amounts. It is fun to play with!
Top Review by mMadness97
I found this recipe somewhere else but this one is exactly the same, minus the instructions on giving as gift. We cook this in a stock pot and it is my absolute favorite soup (this coming from a girl that use to ONLY eat chicken noodles soup that contained nothing but chicken and noodles!) LOVE this soup and it's healthiness!
- 118.29 ml dried split peas
- 78.07 ml beef bouillon granules (16 cubes)
- 59.14 ml pearl barley
- 118.29 ml dry lentils
- 59.14 ml dried onion flakes
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning
- 118.29 ml uncooked long grain rice
- 118.29 ml macaroni
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 2838.0 ml water
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, brown beef, then drain.
- Add water, tomatoes and soup mix; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the reserved macaroni; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until macaroni, peas, lentils and barley are tender.