Recipe by strawberryjane
This is great to give out for Christmas gifts...wonderful tasting soup to...I got this from an Oklahoma Squaredancers cookbook
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Hi,What a great idea,I made little gift baskets with cookie mixes,your friendship soup mix,cocoa mix,and a variety of little cooking utensils for Christmas this year.I was so excited to see that the people who recieved these gifts were truely happy to get them,Thanks for helping to make my Christmas so much fun this year,Darlene
- 1 lb dried red beans
- 1 lb dried barley pearls
- 1 lb dried pinto bean
- 1 lb dried navy beans
- 1 lb dried great northern beans
- 1 lb dried lentils
- 1 lb dried split peas
- 1 lb dried black-eyed peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine and mix well.
- Divide into 2 cup packages for home or for gifts with recipe included: Soup Recipe: 2 c.
- Friendship Soup Mix, 2 qt.
- water, 3 stalks celery,chopped, 1 large onion,chopped, 1 lb.
- diced ham, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 (16 oz.) can chopped tomatoes, 1 (10 oz.) can tomatoes with green chilies,chopped, 1 tsp.
- salt, 1/2 tsp.
- Wash the soup mix with water and soak overnight.
- Drain in the morning.
- Add beans to water,celery,onion,ham and garlic.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours,until beans are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 30 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Makes 8-10 servings.
- This is good to put on the stove and let simmer all day long.