This is the recipe for the Fruitcake you make from the Friendship Fruitcake Starter (Starter for Friendship Fruitcake). It was a request, and I've not made it myself.
- Line the bottom of a springform angel food cake pan with waxed paper, grease well, then flour.
- In large mixing bowl of electric mixer, combine dry cake mix and oil.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add fruit; mix well.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350- degree oven 40 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake 35 to 40 minutes more, or until cake tests done.
- Shake pan to loosen cake from sides and let sit 10 minutes.
- Lift the center of the pan out and turn cake onto cake plate.
- Remove waxed paper.
- Turn cake right-side up before serving.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired, or top with cream cheese frosting.
- This cake tastes better when cold.