Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the recipe for the Fruitcake you make from the Friendship Fruitcake Starter (Starter for Friendship Fruitcake). It was a request, and I've not made it myself.
- Line the bottom of a springform angel food cake pan with waxed paper, grease well, then flour.
- In large mixing bowl of electric mixer, combine dry cake mix and oil.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add fruit; mix well.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350- degree oven 40 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake 35 to 40 minutes more, or until cake tests done.
- Shake pan to loosen cake from sides and let sit 10 minutes.
- Lift the center of the pan out and turn cake onto cake plate.
- Remove waxed paper.
- Turn cake right-side up before serving.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired, or top with cream cheese frosting.
- This cake tastes better when cold.
leeann,love this cake!! Instead of making the cake as written,I made mini cakes(makes 5 mini cakes.I baked cakes at 350* for 25 minutes,then lower temperture to 300* for 25 minutes. These little cakes are great for sharing with friends and neighbors,wrap in clear or colored cellophane and a bow.My Dh says," how did you get the cake so moist" The answer is "This is a great recipe"Thanks so much for sharing this recipe,leenann.I will always be grateful.Almost forgot,the next batch will make 15 mini cakes--and to freeze them is a added bonus.
My wife used to make this cake when we were in the Middle East. It is wonderful and the fruit will have a lovely brandy odor in the kitchen. When I took her home the starter recipe she made me get the cake recipe, also. We had the pecans in the Middle East but they're not available here in China. It is definitely worth the wait. LR Beckwith
Leannr, THANK YOU so much for posting this recipe,I had it years ago and somehow lost it.and the starter recipe.I made this a lot but quit for a while,and when I went to find my recipe it was gone,I think I must have loaned it out and never got it back.This is sooooooo good.and well worth the wait. Thanks again,Darlene