Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe that I found online at cooks.com and then changed to my liking. The original recipe called for more butter and no sugar/Splenda. These didn't have a big rise, but were moist and flavorful in my opinion (both on day 1 and day 2). Prep time includes resting time for batter.
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon splenda artificial sweetener (optional)
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup amish starter
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine cornmeal, salt, baking soda and Splenda. Combine eggs, milk, starter and melted butter in a separate bowl. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until well blended.
- Pour into muffin tins and set aside for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake about 20 minutes or until done and nicely browned. Serve hot as soon as possible after baking.
- 12 servings.