Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A yummy casserole that freezes well. Also kids love it!
Make and share this Friendship Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (48 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Brown meat, drain fat. Add spaghetti sauce and sugar to meat; simmer 20 minutes.
- Cook noodles as directed (al dente); drain and toss with margarine, salts.
- and Parmesan cheese.
- Spray two 9x13 pans with non-stick spray. In both pans layer half the sauce,.
- all the noodles, rest of sauce; top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake 45 minutes.
Thought this recipe was easy to make and tastes great! Love that you have an extra one to give away or store in the freezer.
Great recipe but skip the sugar!
Made this up this morning and had it for lunch. I thought it was awesome, but hubby thinks it needs more sauce. He tends to say that about any italian dish I make, other than spaghetti. Next time, I will use two jars of sauce. Everything else was fantastic and easy.