Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A "no fuss" coffee cake recipe using Friendship starter.
- 2 cups friendship active starter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- Combine all cake ingredients and pour into prepared pan.
- Mix together topping ingredients& sprinkle evenly over cake.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until tests done.
- Let cool completely, and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Being from the Seattle area all I can say about this recipe is "MY OH MY" this is a wonderful cake! The topping sinks while it bakes and it makes it so yummy,especially right out of the oven! Thanks Mary
This was some of the best coffee cake I had! I was thinking ahead for fall and would like to try it with apples chunks.
Very good "different" use for Friendship Bread starter. I had the standard recipe to use when I got my starter but somehow didn't have pudding mix in the house - and I'm glad I found this recipe!! It'll be great for work in the morning - minus one "taster" piece, of course!!