Recipe by Mary Scheffert
A "no fuss" coffee cake recipe using Friendship starter.
Top Review by HiDees
Being from the Seattle area all I can say about this recipe is "MY OH MY" this is a wonderful cake! The topping sinks while it bakes and it makes it so yummy,especially right out of the oven! Thanks Mary
- 2 cups friendship active starter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- Combine all cake ingredients and pour into prepared pan.
- Mix together topping ingredients& sprinkle evenly over cake.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until tests done.
- Let cool completely, and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.