Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like the flavor of Friendship Bread, but don't like having to deal with the starter, this is the recipe for you. My family thinks this is just as good as the bread with the starter.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant pudding mix (any flavor)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine oil, sugar, vanilla, eggs, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add flour, milk, soda, pudding, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Grease 2 large loaf pans and sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Pour batter into pans and sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for 1 hour.
I have been making this same recipe for years and it is fabulous. I always get compliments!
The flavor of this seems like it's going to taste ok, but it's nowhere near done, and it's been over an hour in the oven... and yes, my oven runs to temperature. This is what happened when I tried to make the regular friendship bread with the starter... So I probably won't ever make this again. Thanks anyway!
Excellent! So much easier than the Amish Friendship Bread, mainly because I don't need a starter! I have passed this recipe on to my friends.