Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another yummy recipe using Friendship starter.
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup friendship active starter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease& flour 2 loaf pans& set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream shortening, sugar and bananas; add Friendship starter& eggs, mixing well.
- Add dry ingredients and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans& bake for 40 minutes or until done.
i for sure going to try this
Very good! I really enjoyed this banana bread. I love having starter and prefer to use recipes that I don't have to buy extra ingredients for, most friendship bread recipes use pudding mixes.Thanks for the addition to my collection!