Recipe by Mary Scheffert
Another yummy recipe using Friendship starter.
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
As a quick bread, the recipe rose and is moist. I made 5 small loaves (3" x 6") from the recipe that took 35 minutes to cook through. As a banana bread, this recipe has failed. I could barely taste the banana and overall the bread was bland, lacking in both spices and extracts. I won't be making this again, sorry.
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup friendship active starter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease& flour 2 loaf pans& set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream shortening, sugar and bananas; add Friendship starter& eggs, mixing well.
- Add dry ingredients and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans& bake for 40 minutes or until done.