I tried many recipes before I found this one and I think it is the best baked bean recipe ever!! It is worth every single minute of cooking, enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak beans overnight in cold water.
- 3Rinse beans, then place in a saucepan along with the cold water.
- 4Heat water to boiling and simmer beans for 30 minutes, then drain.
- 5Place onion slices in the bottom of a 6 cup casserole.
- 6Mix seasonings and turn into the pot.
- 7Add beans and water to cover.
- 8Arrange bacon on top, before covering and baking in an oven for 7 hours at 250 F.
- 9In the middle of the cooking, when the beans have become soft enough, remove 1 cup of beans, mash and then stir back into the pot.
- 10Cover and continue to bake, adding water as needed to keep the beans just covered.
- 11One hour before serving, remove cover to darken the beans.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Friedel's Old-Fashioned Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.6
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1497.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 10.8 g