Recipe by Sarah in New York
I make this at least once a week when our garden is exploding with zucchini and yellow squash. It only takes about 10 minutes and the parmesean cheese makes it wonderful. You can't go wrong with this simple recipe!
Top Review by NurseJaney
This is a Summer Regular on our table. I prepare differently -- steam the squash and a large- rough chopped onion. Then I scatter croutons in an oven-proof bowl, add the squash mix, top with grated cheddar, and cover with foil. Place in 350* oven for just long enought to melt the cheese, and serve. Happy to see it here -- Thanks for posting.
- 1 medium zucchini or 1 medium yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice squash into 1/4 inch slices.
- Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat and add squash.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and onion powder to taste.
- Flip with a spatula every few minutes until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parmesean cheese just before serving. It will melt in about 1 minute.