- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 2⁄3-1 3⁄4 cups water
- 4 large zucchini, thinly sliced on diagonal
- Combine garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Mix in yogurt. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Pour oil into heavy medium saucepan to depth of 1 1/2 inches and heat to 350°F
- Place 1 1/2 cups flour in medium bowl. Whisk in enough water to form smooth medium-thin batter. Place remaining 1 cup flour in large bowl. Working in batches, add zucchini to flour in bowl and toss, separating slices to coat well. Dip zucchini into batter and fry until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels and drain.
- Place yogurt in center of large platter. Surround with zucchini and serve.