Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe online while looking for something else. I haven't tried it yet, but will soon.It sounds delicious and easy!!
- 1 cucumber (unpeeled)
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 shakes Tabasco sauce
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt and a few twists black pepper
- panko breadcrumbs (regular bread crumbs not recommended)
- 1 egg
- seasoned salt and dill weed
- Using the small grate on your cheese box, grate one cucumber (unpeeled).Then grate 1/4 cup onion.
- Put both of the onion and cucumber in a sieve to let most of the water drain out. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add next 8 ingredients and mix it all together. Cover and put in the fridge to set about 8 hours. If you don't have 8 hours, it's okay. This dip can be made the night before.
- Slice some zucchini on the diagonal. Not only does this give you pretty cuts, it also gives you a little more per slice.
- In three separate bowls put some flour mixed with seasoned salt and dill weed. In the next, whisk one egg. In the last bowl, put some panko bread crumbs.
- Drop some zucchini slices in the flour. Coat boat sides well.Then drop into the egg bowl. Make sure egg gets on all sides.Then put the zucchini in the panko. Coat well.Repeat until all slices are breaded.
- Heat some oil over medium heat until it comes to about 360*. Carefully put the slices 4-5 at a time in the oil. After 3 or so minutes, turn the zucchini over.
- When both sides are golden brown, pull from the oil and set on paper towels to drain.
Only made the dip, because we try to stay away from fried foods. But had it with Greek-style oven baked zucchini sticks. Just made it and it is good. Sub- Fat Free Miracle Whip for mayo, and added more sour cream and Marrakesh Za'atar spice.