Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
We have an overabundance of zucchini in the garden and I'm sick of baking bread! This is a quick and easy recipe for a snack, side dish, or to just use up the zucchini!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I prefer garlic and herb)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil (I prefer smartbalance omega oil)
- Slice the zucchini into thin slices.
- Put the flour on one plate and the breadcrumbs on another plate.
- Mix the milk and egg together in a bowl.
- Coat zucchini slices with flour on both sides.
- Dip into the egg/milk mixture and coat on both sides.
- Thickly coat the slices with breadcrumbs on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Fry the slices in the oil, flip them over and fry on both sides until golden brown.
It doesn't get much better than this! Yummmmy!! The breading stays put....hard to find in other recipes. Been in my cookbook for a long time, just now I finally remembered to rate and review. lol.
These are delicious. Quick, easy and a great way to prepare Zucchini. You can't go wrong with this recipe. Thanks for sharing, packeye, it's a winner and I look forward to making it over and over again.