Recipe by packeyes
We have an overabundance of zucchini in the garden and I'm sick of baking bread! This is a quick and easy recipe for a snack, side dish, or to just use up the zucchini!
Top Review by jimjam63
It doesn't get much better than this! Yummmmy!! The breading stays put....hard to find in other recipes. Been in my cookbook for a long time, just now I finally remembered to rate and review. lol.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I prefer garlic and herb)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil (I prefer smartbalance omega oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the zucchini into thin slices.
- Put the flour on one plate and the breadcrumbs on another plate.
- Mix the milk and egg together in a bowl.
- Coat zucchini slices with flour on both sides.
- Dip into the egg/milk mixture and coat on both sides.
- Thickly coat the slices with breadcrumbs on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Fry the slices in the oil, flip them over and fry on both sides until golden brown.