Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My neighbor gave me a very large zucchini. So I made this, I think the sauce complements the zucchini very well. I hope people like this.
- 2 medium zucchini or 1 large zucchini, divided
- 1 cup flour (approximately)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (approximately)
- oil, for frying
- 3 tablespoons shortening or 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 5 -6 slices zucchini
- Slice the zucchini about a 1/4 inch thick, using a mandolin, or a knife.
- In a plate place the flour, in another put the breadcrumbs and in a bowl whisk the eggs and the milk together.
- Then dip a slice of zucchini in the flour, then in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumbs.
- While you are breading the zucchini, heat enough oil to coat the skillet.
- Fry the zucchini on medium low until a deep brown on each side. Place on a plate and keep warm.
- Combine the shortening and the flour on medium heat till shortening is melted.
- Simmer 1 minute.
- Then in the food processor or blender add the zucchini till pureed.
- Then add the broth, and pulse.
- Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth, then slowly whisk the broth mixture into the shortening/flour mixture.
- Heat till thickened.
- Serve over the zucchini.