I had this at a restaurant in Greece and I loved it, so I am saving this until my mother's garden produces something to fry. I don't remember where I found it, somewhere on the internet though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, egg yolk, wine, water, and salt. Whisk ingredients until they form a thin batter. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2Open the calyx (the outermost green ring) on each flower and remove the pistils (the little inner stalk). Carefully rinse each flower under cold water and pat dry.
- 3Whisk the egg white into small peaks and fold it into the batter.
- 4Place a mozzerella stick inside each flower and secure it with a toothpick.
- 5Heat 1/2 an inch of oil in a frying pan (on about medium-high, but not too hot).
- 6Coat the flowers in the batter and fry them about a minute in oil until they are golden. Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Zucchini or Squash Flowers
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.8 mg
- Sodium 242.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: