Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came across this recipe somewhere and wrote it down on paper during my mission to find a zucchini recipe that my oldest son (who hates zucchini) would like. I'm sorry to say I haven't found that recipe yet, but for my husband and I, who like zucchini, this was the best fried zucchini recipe we've ever tried!
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Mix the zucchini and onions together in a gallon-size ziplock bag.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour the dry mix into the bag, seal and shake well. Let it sit about 30-45 minutes, shaking periodically. A batter will form to coat the vegetables.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium to medium-high heat. When hot enough, add the vegetables and fry till evenly browned.
This did not work for me at all. I followed the recipe exactly, but the "batter" did not stick and ended up in the bottom of the bag in a puddle of "zucchini water." Maybe my zucchini was just to wet or something...
I tried this recipe and it was amazing , even my boyfriend loved it and he doesn`t like anything new .