Recipe by peaceful hawk
I came across this recipe somewhere and wrote it down on paper during my mission to find a zucchini recipe that my oldest son (who hates zucchini) would like. I'm sorry to say I haven't found that recipe yet, but for my husband and I, who like zucchini, this was the best fried zucchini recipe we've ever tried!
Top Review by yogiclarebear
This did not work for me at all. I followed the recipe exactly, but the "batter" did not stick and ended up in the bottom of the bag in a puddle of "zucchini water." Maybe my zucchini was just to wet or something...
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the zucchini and onions together in a gallon-size ziplock bag.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour the dry mix into the bag, seal and shake well. Let it sit about 30-45 minutes, shaking periodically. A batter will form to coat the vegetables.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium to medium-high heat. When hot enough, add the vegetables and fry till evenly browned.