Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in "Healthy Cooking" by TOH. I haven't tried it yet, but I love fried zucchini, and this seems to be a healthier version! It is Trisha Kruse's recipe, so a big thanks to her.
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese)
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup prepared fat free ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Combine the buttermilk and egg substitute. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, taco seasoning, and garlic salt. Dip the zucchini into the buttermilk mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Place, in a single layer, on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until brown. Turn once during cooking.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, ranch dresing and salsa. Serve with zucchini.