Delicious crispy Yucca spears are smothered with a creamy spicy Peruvian sauce made of goat cheese. Delicious as an appetizer. The sauce may also be used as a salad dressing or even for pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and rinse yuccas.
- 2Cut in 2 or 3 pieces depending on the size.
- 3Cook yuccas in salted water until soft and tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and cool.
- 4Cut yuccas in ½ x 2 inches (1.5 x5 cm).
- 5Heat oil in a skillet and fry yuccas until golden. Season.
- 6Drain fat in paper towel.
- 7Yucca sticks can be frozen until ready to use.
- 8Remove from freezer and place immediately in hot oil until golden and crispy.
- 9Serve with Huancaína Sauce as an appetizer.
- 10Huancaína Sauce:.
- 11Place ají in a blender.
- 12Pour milk and blend.
- 13Sauté onion with garlic in oil until cooked.
- 14Add this mixture to blender together with the cheese.
- 15While blending add oil until a creamy sauce is obtained.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Yuccas (Cassava) With Huancaina Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.7
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 69.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yellow aji limo chiles