- 1 small yucca root (yuca) or 1 medium yucca root (yuca)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter (1 knob)
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin the yuca using a potato peeler or a knife.
- Cut the yuca into 2-3 inch chunks and then cut those chunks in half.
- Boil the yuca until it is just soft enough to poke with a fork. Don't over boil or let it sit in the hot water or it will become to soft and wont fry.
- There is a very indigestible stringy part in the middle, be sure to take that out if its visible.
- Cut the half chunks into smaller fry-shaped pieces.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the yuca and fry on medium or medium-low heat, turning occasionally until they are browned to your liking.
- Add salt and dip in ketchup.