1/1 Photo of Fried Yucca (Cassava) Costa Rican Style
This is my favorite Saturday morning treat that my husband always makes for me. Its very easy and tastes way better than potato french fries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Skin the yuca using a potato peeler or a knife.
- 2Cut the yuca into 2-3 inch chunks and then cut those chunks in half.
- 3Boil the yuca until it is just soft enough to poke with a fork. Don't over boil or let it sit in the hot water or it will become to soft and wont fry.
- 4There is a very indigestible stringy part in the middle, be sure to take that out if its visible.
- 5Cut the half chunks into smaller fry-shaped pieces.
- 6Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the yuca and fry on medium or medium-low heat, turning occasionally until they are browned to your liking.
- 7Add salt and dip in ketchup.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Yucca (Cassava) Costa Rican Style
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.8
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 81.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: