M Messer's Note:
I have a wonderful recipe for frying yellow squash - as follows
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak squash in buttermilk to cover, at least 5 minutes.
- 2Mix dry ingredients together.
- 3Dredge marinated squash in cornmeal mixture (I use a Ziploc baggie & shake until covered).
- 4Fry in vegetable oil until golden, turn and fry until lightly golden on other side.
- 5Salt lightly, remove from oil, & drain on paper towels.
- 6This is delicious - also works for fried green tomatoes (cut green tomatoes at least 1/4" slices).
- 7If you like fried okra - batter should be 1 cup milk + 1 egg.
- 8Dredge in same mixture as above & salt as you do for squash & drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Yellow Squash
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 295.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 21.8 g