Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is an old favorite. I am certain everyone prepares it this way at sometime or another. I can't imagine a summer that would pass without having this at least once a week when the harvest is in
- Wash squash thouroughly and dry. Slice into 1/4 inch rounds. Heat up the oil in a frying pan to medium.
- Combine flour, pepper and parsley. Dust squash rounds with flour.
- Combine milk and egg and whish thoroughly.
- Dip the dusted squash into the egg mixture and coat to cover all the flour.
- Pat squash into the remaining flour and put into hot oil. Fry til golden brown on the outside and cooked on the inside of squash. Set cooked squash on paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and serve hot.
Loved it! And it was so easy and simple to make! I am addicted and kept going back for more...
I love this recipe! I had never even eaten yellow squash before and now I cook it at least 3 or 4 times a year. It is so naturally sweet and crunchy! No need to change anything in this recipe, Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for bringing back a wonderful childhood favorite! I hadn't thought about crookneck in a long time until I was pleasantly surprised by a friend who grew some this year. Your recipe is perfect! I'd give more stars if I could. Thanks for sharing.