1/2 Photos of Fried Yellow Squash
This recipe is an old favorite. I am certain everyone prepares it this way at sometime or another. I can't imagine a summer that would pass without having this at least once a week when the harvest is in
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash squash thouroughly and dry. Slice into 1/4 inch rounds. Heat up the oil in a frying pan to medium.
- 2Combine flour, pepper and parsley. Dust squash rounds with flour.
- 3Combine milk and egg and whish thoroughly.
- 4Dip the dusted squash into the egg mixture and coat to cover all the flour.
- 5Pat squash into the remaining flour and put into hot oil. Fry til golden brown on the outside and cooked on the inside of squash. Set cooked squash on paper towels to drain.
- 6Sprinkle with kosher salt and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Yellow Squash
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1267.2
- Calories from Fat 1021
- Total Fat 113.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 97.2 mg
- Sodium 932.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 11.9 g