1/3 Photos of Fried Worm Sandwiches
So much fun for Halloween. The kids love them, and it actually is a tasty way to enjoy a hotdog because the strips brown on all sides. Toasting buns is optional, but we like them that way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 turkey hot dogs or 4 other hot dogs, your preference
- 4 hot dog buns or 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- assorted condiments
- 1Slice hotdogs in half lengthwise, then each half into thirds lengthwise to make 6 strips from each hotdog. Make a few shallow cuts along the length of each strip on the "skin" side. This will help them curl into worms as they cook.
- 2Open hotdog buns and thinly spread butter on the cut sides of buns.
- 3Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Toast buns, cut side down in skillet til browned and toasty. You may need to do this in batches. Remove buns from skillet and keep warm.
- 4Place hotdog strips in same hot skillet. Toss and cook til curly, hot, and browned to your family's liking. Serve strips on toasted buns and top with desired condiments.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Worm Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 231.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
turkey hot dogs