Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chinese New Year is January 23, and you can celebrate this special holiday in style, with these delicious pork wontons. When making them, be sure you don’t use too much filling, or they will be difficult to seal and may break open during frying. this recipe is from a chef friend.
- 177.44 ml Dijon mustard
- 59.14 ml water
- 7.39 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml soy sauce
- 7.39 ml vinegar
- 113.39 g ground pork
- 56.69 g Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml dark sesame oil
- 1 large egg
- 29.58 ml cold water
- 20 wonton skins
- oil, for deep frying
- Combine the ingredients for the mustard sauce in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Mix filling ingredients together in a medium bowl. Beat the egg with the water in a small bowl.
- To assemble the wontons, brush the edges of each wrapper with the egg wash. Place 2 teaspoons of the filling into each wrapper. Fold the wonton in half to make a triangle. Press to seal the edges securely. Bring the two corners along the base of the triangle in toward each other, overlap them, and press to seal securely. Transfer to a parchment-lined sheet pan and refrigerate until ready to fry.
- Fry the wontons in a deep saucepan of hot oil (325 degrees F) until golden brown. Remove to a sheet pan lined with paper towels to drain.
- Serve hot with the mustard sauce.
Just made these tonight (not the sauce) Thank you for sharing!