Recipe by Just Janie
This is a great appetizer that is a nice change of pace. Can be prepared ahead of time. It makes lots so it helps to have a buddy to to some folding! Serve with sweet & sour sauce for dipping.
Top Review by mommyoffour
Delicious. My family loved these little gems. They do take some time to assemble but so worth the time and effort. We did an essembly line and it worked good.
Thank you for sharing these with us. We will make again, as they didn't last long in our house.
- 100 wonton skins
- 453.59 g ground pork
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped fine
- 1 head green cabbage
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 2 inch gingerroot, chopped fine
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes (optional)
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pork, onions, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes & soy sauce in bowl. Set aside.
- Grate cabbage into another bowl. Cover with
- boiling water. Stir. Drain & Squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Combine cabbage with pork mixture.
- Place about 1 tsp of this mixture in center of wonton skin and fold, wonton style*.
- Deep fry at 375 for about 3 minutes. Drain. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
- * Wonton skins packages have folding directions printed on them. If not - try this:.
- Lay skin on board with corners pointing North, south, east & west (Diamond shape).
- Place filling a little north of center. Moisten edges. Fold south tip up to north tip. Press edges to seal. Bring east & west tips in to center. Bring the north tip down towards eat/west tips. Oh Heck -- If you are old enough to remember, make it look like a diaper!