1 hr 15 mins
Janie Cooper's Note:
This is a great appetizer that is a nice change of pace. Can be prepared ahead of time. It makes lots so it helps to have a buddy to to some folding! Serve with sweet & sour sauce for dipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine pork, onions, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes & soy sauce in bowl. Set aside.
- 2Grate cabbage into another bowl. Cover with
- 3boiling water. Stir. Drain & Squeeze out as much water as possible.
- 4Combine cabbage with pork mixture.
- 5Place about 1 tsp of this mixture in center of wonton skin and fold, wonton style*.
- 6Deep fry at 375 for about 3 minutes. Drain. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
- 7* Wonton skins packages have folding directions printed on them. If not - try this:.
- 8Lay skin on board with corners pointing North, south, east & west (Diamond shape).
- 9Place filling a little north of center. Moisten edges. Fold south tip up to north tip. Press edges to seal. Bring east & west tips in to center. Bring the north tip down towards eat/west tips. Oh Heck -- If you are old enough to remember, make it look like a diaper!
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Wontons
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 347.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: