Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great appetizer that is a nice change of pace. Can be prepared ahead of time. It makes lots so it helps to have a buddy to to some folding! Serve with sweet & sour sauce for dipping.
- Combine pork, onions, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes & soy sauce in bowl. Set aside.
- Grate cabbage into another bowl. Cover with
- boiling water. Stir. Drain & Squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Combine cabbage with pork mixture.
- Place about 1 tsp of this mixture in center of wonton skin and fold, wonton style*.
- Deep fry at 375 for about 3 minutes. Drain. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
- * Wonton skins packages have folding directions printed on them. If not - try this:.
- Lay skin on board with corners pointing North, south, east & west (Diamond shape).
- Place filling a little north of center. Moisten edges. Fold south tip up to north tip. Press edges to seal. Bring east & west tips in to center. Bring the north tip down towards eat/west tips. Oh Heck -- If you are old enough to remember, make it look like a diaper!
Delicious. My family loved these little gems. They do take some time to assemble but so worth the time and effort. We did an essembly line and it worked good.
Thank you for sharing these with us. We will make again, as they didn't last long in our house.
I can't find wonton skins locally so substituted egg roll wrappers. The filling is a good basic filling with the predominant flavor being the ginger and made with familiar ingredients. (I only used a 1/2 t of the pepper flakes.) Made for Pick A Chef spring 2010.
Big hit with friends. Easy to make, keep fingers damp and handling the wonton skins is much easier. Even good cold.