Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Easy and yummy--these are just the won ton wrappers and cubes of cheese wrapped up and fried. Kids and adults love them. You can find won ton wrappers in or near the produce section.
- Place one cheese cube in the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with water and fold corners of wrapper to center, enclosing filling and overlapping edges slightly.
- Place on sheets of wax paper and spray with cooking spray. Cover with additional wax paper to prevent drying out.
- Pour oil to 3 inch in large Dutch oven and heat to 350°F.
- Fry wontons until golden brown on each side, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with dip if desired.
We loved these for snacks. I added about 1/4 tsp of canned diced green chilis to some of the envelopes. Next time I may add a smidgen of roast beef to each to give it a heftier flavor. Loved this easy recipe. Thanks Recipe Fairy.