Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas and carrot, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup cooked small shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup diced cooked ham
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
GOLDEN EGG THREADS
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- To make golden egg threads, heat a small nonstick frying pan over medium heat until hot.
- Add 2 tsps.
- cooking oil and 1 lightly beaten egg; tip the pan to spread the egg thinly over the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the egg until barely set; turn once and cook the other side about 30 seconds.
- Remove and let cool.
- Cut into thin shreds.
- Heat a wok over medium high heat until hot.
- Add the cooking oil, ginger, and garlic and stir fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the green onions, onion, celery, peas and carrots, shrimp, and ham and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Add the wild rice, egg shreds, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, white pepper ant the chicken broth.
- Toss to mix well.