Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
i used to make these for my dad when i was a teenager, he even gave them their name!! simple, tasty and definately not good for you but these fried hotdog/bologna sandwiches are worth the extra fat..
- butterfly hotdogs lengthwise without splitting completely.
- toast bread and let cool so the mayo doesnt melt.
- heat a large skillet to med temperature.
- place the hotdogs cut side down as flat as possible on hot skillet and fry until browned. (i use a spatula to hold them down in the beginning).
- at the same time toss the bologna slice in the same skillet and fry both sides lightly.
- flip dogs and lay flat as close together as possibe and top with bologna & cheese and let other side cook til brown.
- spread mayo on on slice of bread and mustard on the other slice.
- using a spatula remove and place on bread, top with other slice.