Recipe by Huskergirl
This is how I remember eating deer growing up. It is easy and I have never had any issues with a gamey taste. But if you are afraid of that you can soak you deer in milk for about 30 minutes. Great with fried potatoes and a salad. I like mine with steak sauce (57).
Top Review by Natalie #4
I cook our deer meat the same way. The thing I so different to make the flour stick is: I dredge the meat in the flour and then in a milk and egg mix and then back in the flour again. Just as if you were cooking chicken. Taste great and makes a good crust. Make some gravy with your left over grease. Makes a great meal.
- 1 lb deer chops
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (for frying)
- plastic wrap
Directions See How It's Made
- Place steaks in between plastic wrap and pound out. I use the flat side of the meat mallet instead of the pointy side. I do not get too thin because it will dry out too much while cooking.
- Put seasoning in with flour.
- Dredge steak and fry in skillet.
- Cooking time is about 3 minutes each side. Enjoy.