Prep 24 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Very tender, melt-in-your-mouth venison. From my "adoptive grandmother," in Louisiana who makes this for her family and church gatherings.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs venison
- 10 ounces Coke
- 12 ounces Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut oil, for electric skillet
- Defrost venison over night in cola.
- Rinse in water.
- Put in colander to drain.
- Cut into strips 1 1/2 x 3".
- Put in Carnation evaporated milk.
- Dredge in flour seasoned with salt,pepper,garlic powder.
- Drop in HOT peanut oil temperature 350°-375° degrees just till batter is set 10-12 seconds.
- Remove and place in open pan 9 x 13" put in oven for 45 minutes at 350°.
- ***If left in oil too long becomes tough***.
- If unfrozen venison being used, put in cola over-night. Cooking time is time in OVEN.
How simple and how good this was. Tender and the coke is a must.
Yummy! This was so tender. I'll confess that I skipped the oven step and just cooked the venison in the oil for about 3 minutes. It was still unbelivably tender. Excellent recipe!
after reading this recipe i had to try it , went and took some venison out of the freezer.The recipe is exactly like mine except for the coke ; the coke made a world of difference, from now on all the venison i cook will be soaked in coke